My friend found this pottery barn headboard at Down East Outfitters for only $50.00! But, she didn’t love the color. So, we painted it along with the shelves I posted about a few days ago.

I went to the Pottery Barn Teen website to check out the price for this headboard, and it is $649.00 for the headboard only! She got a SCREAMING deal! If you have a Down East nearby you should check it out.

We primed the headboard with KILZ primer, and as you can see in the picture below, navy blue paint does NOT cover very well. We ended up putting around 5-6 coats.

Since the headboard will soon be the home for books, toys…etc, Dani put a polyurethane spray coat over the top of the navy to protect the surface.

I think this room is coming together so nicely!

Like a lot of you, Dani is renting, so she is unable to paint her walls, so painting furniture is a great way to liven up a space without the color on the walls.

Comments

1. JEN says

Super cute! And that is my favorite saying! I have it somewhere but can't decide where to put it up. Cute stuff you have been doing lately. I miss you!

2. tiffany says

I love the headboard. Also, I'm wondering about the bedding… I'm getting ready to take the toddler from crib to bed (yikes) and I'm looking for the perfect BOY room. I love this whole look. I've just decided he's getting a blue headboard!!

3. Brooke @ www.allthingsthrifty.com says

Tiffany,
    The bedding is called Circo boy preppy quilt set, and she found it at Target. I loved her choice!

4. Adri and Cory says

Brooke, I love it!!! I wish I could have you come help me with my house! It needs much help!!!

DownEast is the BEST! We've gotten a bunch of furniture, and most of our linens from there. And all of our Shades.

6. tiffany says

Brooke. thanks so much for the info on the bedding. i love your blog. thanks for all the inspiration. :-)