Hello to all the friends of All Things Thrifty… I’m Ruthie from Whats Cooking with Ruthie and I’m SO excited to be here today to share a delicious recipe with you!
It’s that time of year when we’re all trying to shred a few of those winter pounds…
I try to make my recipes as healthy as possible without sacrificing any flavor
These Skinny Lemon Cheesecake Bars are a delicious example of having a fabulous dessert without all the calories of your typical cheesecake…
- 1/3 C butter, softened
- 1 C sugar, divided
- 4 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, divided
- 1 1/4 C flour
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 pkgs (8oz) neufatchel cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp grated lemon peel
- 18 fresh raspberries
- 18 thinly sliced lemon for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 9in pan with foil, spray with cooking spray, set aside.
- In a small bowl combine butter and 1/4 C sugar; beat until smooth (approx 2 min)
- Stir in 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice; mix.
- Add flour and sea salt; mix well. (will be crumbly)
- Press into prepared pan.
- Bake 14-16 minutes until edges are lightly golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth.
- Add egg; beat on low just until combined.
- Stir in lemon peel and remaining lemon juice.
- Pour over crust.
- Bake 16-20 minutes or longer or until filing is set.
- Cool on wire rack for 1 hour.
- Refrigerate for a least 2 hours.
- Using foil, lift bars our of pan, peel off foil, cut into bars.
- Garnish with thinly sliced lemon and raspberries if desired.
Skinny Lemon Cheesecake Bars are a definite crowd pleaser and super fun for summertime gatherings AND I promise you won’t miss a single calorie!!
While we are thinking about delicious recipes here a couple of my other favorite Healthy/Skinny recipes that you may enjoy…
Thanks so much for letting me visit today… I just love Brooke- she is every bit as adorable in person as she is on her site!!