Master Bedroom Inspiration

Aug 28th, 2013

If you follow me on Instagram or Facebook you’ve already seen this fabric so this is not new news. BUT, if you haven’t seen it yet. CHECK THIS OUT!!

covington-amagansett-sterling-fabric

I am really excited when I find the perfect fabric for an upcoming project, and this is IT! I almost did a jig in the store. I bought it in Las Vegas at Home Fabrics and Rugs, my favorite fabric store of all time. It cost less than $8.00 a yard. I kind of have a problem because I could buy fabric all day. I wish I had unlimited resources because I would go ape crazy buying fabric. But, unfortunately I don’t live in la la land, and I only bought what I needed this time. I found the fabric on Amazon for about $13.00 a yard if you are interested.

My master bedroom is currently torn to pieces. Since I have Attention Decorator’s Deficit Syndrome it was far past the time for an update. I even sold my famous headboard at the Hoard Sale this year.  If you are new around here, or if you have never seen what my bedroom looked like back then, check it out:

headboard1

headboard3

Although I loved my bedroom in it’s time. I am SOOOO excited for a new look. I’ve played on Photoshop designing our new room and these are the images I’ve come up with.

Design A

Master Bedroom Plan 2

Design B

Master Bedroom Plan copy

Design C

Master Bedroom Plan 3

Design D

Master Bedroom Plan 4

Wanna weigh in on the design? Which one is THE ONE!?! Smile My mind might already be made up btw. Just keeping in real.

Comments

1. I vote for Design #3. I love the gold chandelier with that awesome floral rug!!

2. I vote for Design #3. I love the gold chandelier with that awesome floral rug!!

3. I really like D. The chandy is a perfect color and kinda breaks up all the coral (even though i say you can never have enough coral).I also like the rug better in D than C. It’s going to look good no matter what, I’m pretty excited to see the end result!

4. Ooo!!! I’m in love with them all, but if I had to choose, it’d be C. Chevron walls and rug is too much chevrons (wait… did I just say too much chevrons!?!), and I like the coral light fixture to tie in the coral bench and pillows. I can’t wait to see the finished product!

5. C!

6. #2 is my fav!

7. D! I love the contrast.

8. It’s a toss up but I like C.

9. C! I really like them all but C has a nice blend of textures and patterns. I know Pantone voted for Emerald this year, but I really feel like Blues and corals have the market! Not only have I been leaning that way in my master bedroom, but you are too and so many others I see in the blogosphere. Maybe they’re just great soothing MB colors? I can’t wait to see how you switch it up and bring it all together!

10. kelly togisala says:

I love number one or number two, both are beautiful . I love those colors.

11. C is my favorite option here. I think the herringbone on the walls and on the rug would be too much, so no on A and D. I like the pop of color on the chandy in C rather than the same coral that’s already throughout the room in B.

12. I love B or C!!! Love the floral rug and pillows…and wall and colors…it’s all awesome :)

13. Definitely A but they are all fabulous.

14. Dana Marie says:

I like design D the best!

15. C

16. I think I like D the best! Wow, they’re all pretty fabulous. Now that we’ve got that settled, can you just pop on over and do my bedroom? ;)

17. A is the one!!!

18. Design A, but what’s the green block on the far left? Also, the rub from Design B might be more fitting (too many clashy pattern, rug B is more muted like the wall pattern).

19. Paula Briceland says:

c is the most calming to me!

20. Paula Briceland says:

Shannon, the block to the left represents a door. Am I right?!

21. C!

22. I love B or C, floral rug is a much better choice, but the turquoise wall is not my fav… I think it’s too much. Either chandelier works.

23. Kate Thompson says:

D. All the way, D. lol

24. altha clark says:

I like b. That is the one you should choose.

25. I vote C!

26. B or C. I big puffy heart love that bench!! I need one!

27. Carla McGrath says:

Having a hard time choosing between B and C. I agree that the chevron rug is too much with the chevron walls.

28. I like C & D the most! I especially love the green wainscotting & the gold chandelier!! Can’t wait to see it finished!

29. Paige Miller says:

I love the original bedroom! Gorgeous. Very warm and inviting!

30. linda barksdale says:

B got it all the way! good luck. its all lovely. god bless.

31. Definitely C.

32. C. Good blend of textures and patterns and colors.

33. Design C pulls the gold out in the pillows.

34. I like C, with the RED chandelier… Good luck :)

35. C! Everything else is a little too busy for my taste.

36. Theo Malloy says:

I like design C…However, I am soooo in love with your current panels. You should raffle them off on the site so one of us can enjoy them…recycle :-)

37. C :)

38. I like them all, but I have to go with A, it’s got the most of that pretty “green” color.

39. I am loving option B. I like the floral rug much better with the wall treatment and the red chandie is my favorite. Can’t wait to see what you pick. I am getting ready to do a make-over on my bedroom as well.
    Traci

40. Design C. I think in A and D there”s too much of the same pattern going on. Lovely colors!

41. I love B but with yellow pillows !!!

42. Like them all, but favor B.

43. I like D except for the bottom wall color. I think A’s bottom wall color is more cohesive and calming.

44. C for sure

45. Brooke! I love all the options. I think that red bench at the end is the EXACT same bench I have, just a different color. Target? You can see mine here:

It is the best fabric…..and so classy looking. Glad it’s in all 4 designs. It’s a winner!

46. c! c! c!

47. Jacquie Z says:

I like B best but all work well.

48. C!

49. Love this! It looks so fun!! I like D the best! I love the rug and the chandelier! Plus that teal board & batten look is to die for. Good luck and have fun!

XOXO
    Lindsay@ A Design Story

50. D :) looking forward to seeing what you chose!

51. I love Design C. Just the right mix. :)

52. B! :)

53. I love Design C! Can you come do my house next?

54. D! Can’t wait to see your pick!

55. cheryl siciliano says:

C. I think the rug is better with the wall.

56. I like D because I like strong contract and modern lines. But you do what you like!

57. Design “C”!

58. Design C

59. Bally Girl says:

I vote B, the rug with the same pattern as the wall would be too much I feel but totally up too you, excited too see it either way :)

Beyond Bally.

60. you are so sweet to let us share our opinions. I like “C” Hugs

61. I like A or C!

62. A or D. But it might be too much herringbone going on with the rug AND the wall. I can’t decide.

63. Design B :)

64. Can you please tell me what program you use to make the inspiration boards? Thanks.

65. I vote for C but I love all of them :)

66. I Love B I have to say, I went back and forth. I also like C but with the chandelier the color of the one in A. :)