I saved this picture from Pottery Barn awhile ago because I think they are so fun, and I love the bright colors.
I started by cutting a piece of MDF into slats. I used about 1/4 of the MDF sheet. So the total cost for this project was right around $5.00. I painted the boards with spray paint that I had on hand.
I didn’t get a picture of this step, but I did GLAZE the boards. I wanted the boards to look old and weathered, so if you want instructions on how to glaze, go to previous posts found HERE or HERE.
Then, I painted on the words with good ‘ol craft paint.
After the craft paint dried, I took sand paper and roughed up the letters.
I thought they turned out pretty fun.
And here they are in my dining room.
Total Cost: $5.00!