A few days ago I introduced you to this chair that I found at a yard sale. I was ecstatic! It was perfect for my vision and I finally finished it.The chair is solid wood and it was in sturdy shape.

I loved the detail and the legs.

I primed and painted it with KILZ and blue ocean breeze Krylon.

I loved how it was turning out!

Then I used the glazing technique explained in my glazing 101 post found here.

I re-padded the chair because the padding was shot, and I reupholstered the seat with some gray, turquoise, and red fabric I found at JoAnn’s Fabrics. I found it in the canvas home decor section.

I’m in love with the result!

Here is another angle.

Do you like the end result?

Comments

oh my heck! I have that same fabric to put on a seat to go on a chair painted the same color that is sitting in my garage! :) lol. I'm still debating on if I want to glaze mine…

2. Rebecca says

I don't LIKE the end result, I LOVE it!!! That chair would look so great in my house :) The color is gorgeous and the fabric you found is perfect. From Trash to Treasure for sure!

this chair is total perfection. i love how you do everything in that blue/turquoise color. its my favorite color of all time! i love all of your ideas.

Love love love love love it! Super adorable. I'm going to go check out your glazing tutorial — I've been on a search for that technique for a desk transformation I'm planning. Anyway, thanks for sharing. Super cute!

i love this! i have a very similar chair and rolltop desk that i hope to redo soon and i'll definitely be using your glazing technique!

You have great ideas on how to make Kitschy furniture pretty. I think my favourite post so far it the headboard panels. I`d love to do this but I don`t have a wall…any suggestions…

HELP! I have a whole dining room set to paint and I'm starting to worry! I thought I was good with spray paint, but the few things I have made over with spray paint have either crackled or bubbled up. What am I doing wrong? I feel like I sand enough…but I dont use primer.
    I know I will need to for my dining room set…but what is my problem!? Any suggestions would be so wonderful! LUV your blog..I read it every day!!!!!

I wish you would have posted this a couple of weeks ago! I just finished reupholstering my kitchen chairs and I love this fabric way more than the one I used! Bummer!

i am just getting ready to get 4 chairs paint it, i found them in the DI yesterday, i am so excited to get start it, i got some yummy colors, i hope i can do a good job, i need all the help i can get, ideas? let me know :0), i am so excited to to be a follower!

Does anyone have the name/SKU for this fabric? I went to JoAnn's this weekend to get it and didn't see anything remotely similar. I hope I'm not too late!