Captain America Wall Art, Part three of Benson’s Room!

Benson (my friend’s little boy) has three favorite super heroes. They are Superman, Batman, and Captain America. So that is how we came up with which three designs to use for his room!

This one is a little more complicated, but hopefully by looking at the photos below you can see the design a little better. We used the same technique as described in the last few days for Superman and Batman.

We painted the board a light gray because the wall that the boards are going to hang on is white. We wanted to create a bit of a contrast between the wall and the board.  We painted the star white, and then we upholstered the larger circle with white felt. The smaller circle is upholstered with blue felt.
Here are the MDF pieces after we got done cutting them out.

The layered look creates a unique dimension that I just LOVE!

My cute hubby helped secure the MDF design from the reverse side with staples. He had to measure very precisely!

Benson’s room is still in construction so stay tuned for more! Soon these bad boys will be hanging in his room! The pictures really don’t do them justice!!

Comments

1. 1

Cute. Don’t miss the give-a-ways, linky party and Bavarian Christmas starting 26 Nov! http://dobermans-by-the-sea.blogspot.com/
    Happy Thanksgiving.

2. 2

Happy Thanksgiving.

3. 3

Those look freaking awesome!! I am impressed with your jigsaw skills. :)

4. 4

These look great. Love the texture you get from the felt!

5. 5

Hi there. Love your Blog. LOVE those Wall art for your Boy's room. Are you willing to make me some and sale? My little boy's room is super Hero and I would love some of those. Let me know. Thanks Keep up the great work.

Melanie Liljenquist
    liljenquistmelanie@gmail.com

6. 6
    Cara @ Twice Lovely Furniture says:

Absolutely awesome!!

7. 7
    Katie @ This Chick Cooks says:

These are cute. My little boy would love a room with those in it!

8. 8

What a great job you have done! Cutting those out must not have been easy. Cannot wait to see the big reveal!

9. 9
    Mallory Nikolaus says:

UMM are you kidding me?! This is ADORABLE!!! LOVE IT!

10. 10

love it! and my husband would love those too! He is a big fan of the super heroes..especially captain america and superman.he has the captain america sticker on his FJ cruiser lol..do you sell these??

11. 11
    Jason and Bri says:

I LOVE LOVE them too, so amazing. My little boy is obsessed with superheros too and has a superhero room, these would look amazing. I also would love to know if you could make them for me and send them to me. Please let me know if this is something you would be willing to do. Thank you
    Brianne Phillips
    heartg1@aol.com
    Thanks again, so hope you could make them for my little boy.

12. 12
    Jason and Bri says:

So creative and cute. My little boy would love them too he is way in to superheros and has a superhero room. Am not able to cut wood like that and was also wondering if u would be willing to make them for me too and sale them to please let me know if u are willing to make more and sale them, thanks! Brianne Phillips heartg1@aol.com.

13. 13
    Jason and Bri says:

Oh I love them, my son also loves loves superheros and has a superhero room that these would look awesome in. Will u please let me know if ur willing to make and sale them! Thank you. Brianne Phillips heartg1@aol.com

14. 14

My awesome husband is outside right now making these for our little boys superhero room. They're going to be so excited. They're in love with superheros.

15. 15

How do you know what size to make the designs/cut outs?

16. 16

@KimReed at the very beginning of this post, there is a link to the superman wall art. Go there and you will find more detailed instructions and dimensions. Good luck!

17. 17

For sale at all??!

18. 19

Love Love Love! I gotta make these! Do you have any suggestions where I could get a projector?

1. […] For detailed instructions, follow this link: http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/2010/11/captain-america-wall-art-part-three-of.html […]