Window Valance Color {vote for your favorite!}

Photoshop is my best friend and sometimes when I can’t decide which color to paint something, I simply just check out my different options in Photoshop. I told you that I finally chose the fabric for my new curtains the other day, but now I need to decide which color to paint my window valance.
{The hubby and I made the valance for about $30.00 by the way!}

I am raising the valance to the ceiling also, but it was easier to Photoshop them in their current place.
Which one gets your vote? Yellow, cream, navy, orange, red, or turquoise?!?
valance yellow valance cream valance navy valance orange valance red valance turquoise
Leave me a comment with your favorite, I know which one I like {I think}, but now I need other opinions. :)

Comments

1. 1

Love the turquoise!

2. 2

The turquoise is cute but I think the cream is my favorite :) And I think the yellow blends in with your walls too much!

3. 3

I vote for red. My personal preferences for warms aside, I feel that it offers the most unity while at the same time adding that pop of color and finishing touch.

BTW, your sofa is almost identical to my own in our family room. Red happens to be my "pop" color also, with subdued shades of gold and caramel all throughout.

I like having a pop of red in every room. :)

4. 4

Cream gets my vote

5. 5

Cream gets my vote

6. 6

I didn't like the red at first, but after reading the comments, I think it's the best choice

7. 7

RED!!!

8. 8

Red or cream!!

9. 9

I'm actually partial to the navy. I think it's the perfect contrast to your stenciled wall!

10. 10

Navy!

11. 11

cream!

12. 12

navy!

13. 13

I'm torn between the navy and cream.
    But I'm sure whatever the final choice is will look great!

14. 14

turquoise

15. 15

Navy!

16. 16

Navy or cream.

17. 17

Navy or cream.

18. 18

I really like the turquoise, but I think the red or possibly the orange brings the room together more. It depends on what color that pillow on the sofa is as well as the fabric on the ottoman and the design on the wallpaper. If those are red, then I would go with red. If they're orange, then I would go with orange. If you do the turquoise, then I would definitely add a turquoise pillow and maybe another turquoise accent somewhere. :)

19. 19

I'm loving the navy, but it'll look great no matter what you do :)

20. 20

I like the yellow or cream! Good luck!

21. 21

Navy!!!!

22. 22

Originally, I thought I like the orange, then I realized that's because it was playing off (your?) shirt on the right hand side. I blocked you and your fashion choice out of the view, and now I agree – Navy!

23. 23

I like either red, orange, or cream! Is that too many? I decide between them though! That is a way cool valence by the way. :D

24. 24

Navy or cream! I need to learn how to do virtual paint on Photoshop–I can't seem to commit to a paint color for my front room!!

25. 25

Navy all the way!

26. 26

I love the yellow and the orange because you have the orange stencile and the golden walls. I love warm colors!

27. 27

I love the cream because it's not so heavy. It stands out, but not in a bad way. I think the others either blend in, weigh the room down, or would shock you when you walk in!

28. 28

orange!!!!! I love an orange and navy combo

29. 29

I can't tell if it is red (maybe orange-ish?), but the color that matches the pillow and the other reddish things in the room.

30. 30

I like navy or cream best. I just found your blog and it is awesome! Where do you usually find the furniture for your upcycling projects? Thriftstores? Yard sales? I'm pretty big into yard saling and am always looking for more idea and tips :) One site I've started using that I LOVE is http://www.yardsalesearch.com. I love it because it maps out a route of yard sales for you! Just wanted to pass that along :)

31. 31

I like the navy and orange best. I think they really compliment the decor in this room. Excited to see what you choose

32. 32

Navy or cream I like the best. But I like them all :) can't wait to see what you choose. Oh and I love your curtains

33. 33

I vote for the Turquoise. Its my color too

34. 34

Cream!

35. 35

I like the red or the orange best. They look very similar on my monitor.

36. 36

Orange looks cool!

37. 37

Navy or red

38. 38

Navy or red

39. 39

Navy

40. 40

Red or Orange!

41. 41

red. red. red.

42. 42

I think navy would work great with your space! It would complement the orange stencil without competing for attention :)

43. 43

I say ditch the valance!

44. 44

NAVY!!!

45. 45

Cream, Navy or Red

46. 46

NAVY …it seems to "ground" it…or whatever you call it when it is up high:)

47. 47

The black. Lots of different votes I see.

48. 48
    holfam4 says:

the Navy is my favorite!

49. 49

Definitely the red or orange. It gives a darker pop of color without matching the curtains material, and brings the room together.

50. 50

Navy is # 1
    Cream #2

51. 51

And you thought fifty women's different of opinion would be helpful??? Haha. My votes are as follows…

número 1 orange. Matches your stenciled wall and accent wall in your kitchen.
    Numero 2 It looks good…it's navy. Navy always rocks a room.

Capishe? And you probably love the turquoise…haha

52. 52

I vote for the cream!

53. 53

My vote is cream!

54. 54
    Chandra says:

While the orange is a lovely pop of color and definitely my 2nd choice.. the turqoise just say's "YES!" to me!

55. 55

I'm loving the navy… just close your eyes and picture that navy next to the orange stencil wall. SO DANG CUTE!!

56. 56

Cream or Navy:)

57. 57

orange

58. 58

My vote is orange or cream!

59. 59

Okay, I personally hate the color orange, but I think it's my favorite with what you have going on. The red and navy are fantastic, too. I don't like the cream- it just looks blah. (I'm normally a very "safe" color picker, so it cracks me up that I loved the orange and hated the cream- so not normal for me!)

60. 60

Cream. Good luck!

61. 61

It's hard to tell what the different color pillows are, but looks like one of them might be red or orange? And there's a patterned piece in the center that looks like it might have red or orange too.

Because the orange and red valances seem to pick up those other pops of color.

62. 62

Red or orange!

63. 63

Cream, for sure looks the best, but if you HAVE to have a color then Red.

64. 64

I vote for navy. It's a very warm room and I like the coolness it brings.

65. 65

My vote is the red or orange. I think it ties everything together the best. The navy makes everyting too dark and the cream and yellow just kind of blend in. I LOVE the turquoise color but I think its almost too much of a pop in this room. Great job! Can't wait to see what you choose!

66. 66

red

67. 67

navy blue!!

68. 68

Cream!

69. 69

I like the orange…but it's hard to tell for sure because the lighting in the original photo feels very yellow overall. I think it depends on what color the stencil on the wall the right is – can't tell if it's red or orange – but whatever it is I would keep it something that coordinates with that – maybe just a smidgen darker or lighter shade.

70. 70

I love the cream and then the navy. I feel that the other colors compete too much with your orange wall. Good luck!

71. 71

Navy!

72. 72

Navy!

73. 73

Cream:)

74. 74

I am in love with the Navy!

75. 75

Red or orange. :)

76. 76

cream or navy

77. 77

Orange and navy are my favorites. I think I would like the turquoise better if it were a darker teal color. Just from the pictures it seems too light and airy compared to the dark print of the curtains and the dark heavy furniture. Plus it's hard to tell but it doesn't look like there is any other turquoise in the room. I think the orange is the best combo for the weight and color balance of the room.

78. 78
    Jennifer says:

I like the navy

79. 79

I like the red :)

80. 80

Your photos remind me of the house I saw in these apartments in North Phoenix. Great color combination!

81. 81

Definitely NOT turquoise! It's hard to get your eye off it, so it's the only feature you see.

82. 82

Navy

83. 83
    Margaret says:

Navy or red, but navy is my first pick

84. 84

Orange or the cream, that's my undecided vote! :)

85. 85

Well, I do adore turquoise in general, but here, I'm torn between the navy and the red!

86. 86

I think Navy looks best with the curtains and picks up the color in the cushion and drawer handles (at least from my perspective).

87. 87

Don't let these crazy ladies lead you astray – cream!

88. 88
    Katrina says:

Red if you intend it as a focal point. If not, I say cream.

89. 89

I love all things turquoise, so that is my vote.

90. 90

red or orange.

91. 91

Red or orange, in that order!

92. 92

I vote for cream! Keep it neutral with all the other colors you have going on.

93. 93

I liked the yellow it seemed to really brighten up the room. And it picked up the other yellows in the room. It would be great for the summer and then change it to the orange in the winter, which also picked up other colours in the room.

94. 94

I love your site! You are an inspiration!
    Honestly, the patterned wall next the curtains is over the top IMO, so unless that's painted over, CREAM!

95. 95

Valance color? The lighter orange one picks up on the accent colors in room. That's my vote.

96. 96

Cream all the way. Let the drape fabric be the focal point. The cream valance gives the room a more sophisticated and expensive feel.

If not cream, then navy.

97. 97

Red!

98. 98

I don't think you should use the valance, you have so many horizontal lines going on in your room. You have the window above the door, the long rectangular mirror, the soffit above the wall one the right side etc. If your curtains hung to the ceiling it would give you a long vertical line, and add a round or oval mirror. Your room needs height and something round.

99. 99
    Amberlynn says:

Navy!

100. 100

i love turquoise, but i would pick the red!

101. 101

Red is the best choice. It anchors the curtains and pulls in the color from the pillows and the wall.

102. 102

I like navy best.

103. 103

I would paint the valance orange

104. 104

Hubster and I, in separate polls, both vote RED! :)

105. 105

They all offered something, but the one that pulled the whole room together with just the right punch is… NAVY!!!

106. 106

Love the whole thing – I cote for navy!

107. 107

NAVY!!!! Looks so classy!!

108. 108

i like the yellow or the navy. i think the turqoise is a little out there given there is NOTHING else in the room that colour. the orange goes really well too.

109. 109

orange or red.

110. 110
    jenny byrum says:

Cream is a very classic yet fresh look. Turquoise is the best pop, though. Good job!

111. 111
    Unknown says:

NAVY HANDS DOWN!!!!

112. 112

I love the Navy!!! Can't wait to see what you decide!!

113. 113