Hi All Things Thrifty Readers!!
Today I am sharing a super easy Tie Dye Summer Wreath.
And it can also a fun addition to a teen or tween room. I have a daughter who isn’t super “girly” but she loves all things Tie-dye — and who doesn’t?? Tie-dye just screams SUMMER to me!
Here’s how to make this DIY Tie-Dye Wreath:
- Wreath form (I got mine from the Dollar Store)
- Ribbon or Duct Tape to wrap around the wreath.
- About 80-100 Coffee Filters.
- Tie-Dye kit (I used one from Tulip/I Love To Create)
Here’s How to Make the Wreath:
- Wrap the wreath form with ribbon or duct tape.
- Dye the coffee filters with dye and let them dry out. Wrap the coffee filters with rubber bands and squirt at least 2-3 colors of dye on the filters.
- Separate the tie dyed filters and then scrunch each one up and hot glue them to the wreath form.
- I put one row of filters around the top of the form.
- Then another row on the edge of the form.
- And then a third of the filters around the outside of the wreath form.
- I didn’t add a layer of filters to the inside of the form, since the wreath form was so small and I didn’t want to crowd the inside of the form. I fluffed up the coffe filters when I had them all glued on to make the wreath look even. I also used a pair scissors to trim a few of the edges to shape the wreath.
- then I added a ribbon to the bottom of the wreath so I could hang it up.
- The last thing I did was I added a bow to the front with three of the other wreath colors.
Another thing I love about this wreath is how light it is. You can hang it anywhere!!
I hope YOU have a fabulous summer!!
Thanks for letting me stop by!