Happy Thursday friends!! Jo here! I am taking a break from the normal house posts to bring you some deliciousness today!! I had planned to show you my front door but alas, that was an epic fail so please pray that I can get that all figured out! Ha!
Also. Are you as ready for the weekend as I am? Gah! And then next week is spring break! I can’t wait!!
So this recipe is definitely not new but I made them the other night for a family I made dinner for and was reminded how much I love them and how easy they are!! I always use a cookie sheet instead of a 9×13 only because I like them thinner and it makes wayyyy more! 🙂
I just use my hands for this part and smash them down into the greased cookie sheet!
For the top, I ended up using a full 11 oz bag of butterscotch chips and chocolate chips! SO good!!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups rice krispies
- 11 oz chocolate chips
- 11 oz butterscotch chips
- Combine sugar and syrup in 3 quart sauce pan.
- Cook over moderate heat, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter, mix well.
- Add rice krispies, stir until well-blended.
- Press mixture into greased cookie sheet.
- Melt chips together over hot but not boiling, stirring until well blended.
- Remove from heat and spread over bars.
- Cool until firm and cut into bars.
I came back to finish taking the pictures and someone else had to sneak a bite! Ha! I mean, these toooootally count as breakfast right?! They are cereal! 😉
Have a great almost weekend friends!!
To see more of what we’ve been up to over at our house, head to: http://www.allthingsthrifty.com/tag/jos-house