So every once in a while I come across a recipe. A recipe that I love, love and go to all the time. Let’s just say, I stick with what I know!

These brownies, are just that. Amazing. And like the title states, they have a secret ingredient that I am about to share with you. This isn’t just any ingredient either. This is what absolutely makes these. So make sure your printer is hooked up or that you have pen and paper nearby because you are going to want to jot this one down…

Step one:
Grab your favorite brownie mix. I prefer Ghirardelli. And while you are at the store picking one of those up, make sure you grab two {2} symphony bars.
{I realize only one is pictured here but I did use 1 and 1/2 bars for this particular recipe!}
photo 1 (6)

Step 2: Make your brownies according to the box. Put only {HALF} of the batter into your 8×8 pan.
photo 2 (6)

Step 3: Lay your symphony bar {the secret ingredient} onto the batter.
On the left is the whole bar, on the right is pieces of the second. {I may have eaten the rest!}

photo 3 (6)

Step 4: Spread the rest of the batter onto the top of the chocolate bar. Mmmmmm.
{Just looking at this and knowing the delicious outcome makes my mouth water!}
photo 5 (6)
Step 5: Bake as directed and ENJOY!

{It will be really hard to let them cool all the way but you probably should. Just to be safe! ;-) }
If you are impatient, it might be a little too gooey to eat!
xoxo,
Brooke

Comments

HOLY COW Brooke! That looks AMAZING! :) Well played my friend, my thighs might be sad but my taste buds are SO EXCITED to try this out! THANKS! :D

You’re kidding, right? Who thought this up? Wow, it sounds absolutely, incredibly delicious!! I don’t do desserts much, but this one I have to pin…and try. Thanks for sharing.
    Debbie :)

3. The Yoder's Four says

**GASP** Ghirardelli brownies and Symphony bars are two of my most favorite things E V E R. Never thought to do this! Yummmm

• Brooke says

You bake the brownies all at the same time. You place your candy bar directly onto the batter. Then bake as directed on the box. Hope this helps! xoxo

4. Jen says

Brooke,
    Is there a particular reason you use Symphony bars? Would this work well with like a regular Hershey milk chocolate bar? I’ve never eaten a Symphony bar so I don’t know what I am missing.

5. Briana King says

These looked so delicious! The more chocolate the better, right?! I’m making a batch right now but I used the xl size Reese bar! Hope they taste as amazing as they look! ????